VISA cards using recommendations during the XXIII Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
As we approach the XXIII Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, which will be held from 9 to 25 February 2018 in PyeongChang, Republic of Korea, we remind you that security measures should be taken into account in order to avoid unauthorized charges and other fraudulent activities with your VISA cards.
Bai-Tushum Bank CJSC strongly recommends that you follow the following security measures when using cards during your stay at the Games:
- If you are going to the Games, the Bank recommends that you leave your contacts so that you can be timely contacted in case some suspicious transactions are detected on your card.
- The Bank recommends seeing about and calculating the necessary budget in advance in order to avoid insufficient funds on the card, and if there are large amounts on the account, going to the Bank and writing an application to set a limit on the account for an amount not exceeding the planned budget.
- The Bank strongly recommends not keeping your PIN code with the card, thus you will not give the possibility to withdraw your funds if your card is lost or stolen.
- If you find out that your card is lost or stolen, you should immediately turn in this information by calling the Global Customer Support of VISA card holders on a telephone number (00798-11-908-8212), which is available 24/7 exclusively in South Korea.
- When withdrawing funds from ATMs of South Korean Banks, it is necessary to pay attention if VISA or PLUS logos are available, as some South Korean Banks do not accept VISA cards. ATMs in the VISA or Plus network will be installed at Olympic venues, stadiums and other tourist sites.
- The Bank recommends carrying some cash in local currency – Korean Won, in order to avoid situations related to impossibility to pay with your VISA card.
- For your travel time, the Bank recommends signing up for e-mail newsletters with transactions on your card, which is absolutely free, for a timely response in case you detect any suspicious charges from your VISA card.
- The Bank reminds about daily limits for withdrawals and purchases in Retail and service outlets. In case you have planned to spend the Budget over the set limits, the Bank strongly recommends applying to increase this limit.